Friday, November 16, 2018

Tomás on Preparation

Hello! My name is Tomás! I'm a participant of the Civil Rights Trip from Park and here are my lists:

Ways in which I'll need to prepare physically:
  1. Keep drinking water
  2. Find ways to clear off work, that way, I don't have to worry missing assignments
  3. Fundraising, find ways to start baking with my peers towards a common goal
  4. Prepare for the southern style meals
  5. Walking, walking, walking!

Ways in which I'll need to prepare mentally:
  1. Detach myself from my cell-phone
  2. Become more familiar with the peers that I am sharing this experience with
  3. Do my research project on my city (Little Rock)
  4. Be able to leave my comfort zone
  5. Become more aware of current events and systems of oppression
  6. Seeing how Hispanic/Latinx people are tied into these systems of oppression

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beale Street, Memphis, Tennessee