Thursday, November 1, 2018

November Blog Post!


Hello Everyone,

During the overnight at City Neighbors HS, we talked about how fun it ito finally feel like we're getting closer to our trip, but there is still a lot of work and preparation to do. For your November blog post, please introduce yourself and then make two lists: 1) Ways you think you'll need to physically prepare for this trip and 2) Ways you think you'll need to mentally prepare for this trip. I'll go first. 


Hey, y'all. Angela, chaperone from Park School here. Below are my lists:

Ways I think I'll need to physically prepare for this trip


  1. Dig up some warm clothes (particularly wool socks)
  2. Ask for comfy shoes for Christmas (for all that walking we'll do in Montgomery)
  3. Get used to drinking more water
  4. Getting all my grading/work prep done before the trip so I don't have to bring the work with me!
  5. Make sure my daughter has rides back and forth school while I'm gone
  6. Step up my fundraising efforts! (selling baked goods, leaf raking)
  7. Buy a whoopee cushion to put on Matan's seat on the bus

Ways I think I'll need to mentally prepare for this trip


  1. Become un-addicted to my cell phone (particularly, Word Cookies and Instagram)
  2. Research my assigned city (Memphis!)
  3. Get to know my fellow chaperones a little better 
  4. Think about the role Asian Americans had in the Civil Rights Movement and their history of being oppressed or being oppressors 
  5. Pay more attention to current social movements and ways I can support them (#metoo, Black Lives Matter)




Thanks! Look out for my December blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beale Street, Memphis, Tennessee