Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Tamara on Preparation

Greetings everyone! This is Tamara from City Neighbors High School. I am so excited for our upcoming trip. Here is my list:

Ways I think I’ll need to physically prepare for the trip:
  1. Pack my favorite water bottle and some healthy snacks to make sure that I stay hydrated and alert.
  2. Make sure my journal is packed with extra pens, because I love to  journal throughout the trip.
  3. Work with my school to ensure that I have a substitute for the days that I will be missing and prepare work for my students.  
  4. Make sure I pack a comfy pillow and blanket so that I can get some rest on the bus.


Ways I think I'll need to mentally prepare for this trip:
  1. Select a theme that I want to explore deeper throughout the trip such as the role of women, young people, music, or religion in the movement.
  2. Create a list of questions that I want to ask activists or seek out in museums.
  3. Remind myself to be present on the trip, rather than focus on the work and responsibilities that I am missing at home.
  4. Find hope in each lesson we learn, even when things feel overwhelming or hopeless.
  5. Make sure I am good listener and try to learn as much as I can about the other participants and chaperones.
  6. Think of ways to bring what we learn from our trip back to Baltimore and further impact our communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beale Street, Memphis, Tennessee