Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Bella on Preparation

Hi, this is Bella from Park School.

Things I think I need to do to prepare physically: 
  • Figure out what I want to wear on the trip. Warm clothes, comfy clothes, shoes for walking. Decide how to carry everything
  • Prepare for missing a week of class by checking in with all my teachers and seeing if I can get the handouts ahead of time
  • Rake leaves, make baked goods, and deposit checks for CRT
  • Refresh myself on history, especially Civil Rights history, by reading books/articles, watching documentaries, etc., while keeping in mind that the histories might not be completely accurate
Things I think I need to do prepare mentally:
  • Especially since it's Thanksgiving, take a moment to think about all the lovely people in my life who support me and help me reach my goals
  • Be prepared to set aside all the things I'm worrying about at school so that I can focus on the trip while I'm on it
  • Get into the mindset of making new friends and meeting new people

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beale Street, Memphis, Tennessee