Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Matan on Preparation

Hey, y'all! This is Matan! Here are my lists:

Ways I think I'll need to physically prepare for this trip

  1. Make sure I have shoes that are comfy to walk around in and will keep my feet warm and dry
  2. Buy a water bottle and get into the habit of staying hydrated
  3. Find my winter running clothes so that I can go on morning runs with Traci during the trip
  4. Tell everyone at work and at my other commitments that I will be out of town for a week and that they won't be able to contact me.
  5. Find a watch so that I can be on time to everything during the trip without having to use my phone, which can be an unnecessary distraction
  6. Rake lots and lots and lots of leaves! 

Ways I think I'll need to mentally prepare for this trip

  1. Research my assigned city and schedule all of the visits to museums and with speakers well before the trip
  2. Pick out some books related to civil rights and social justice to bring with me to read and share with others
  3. Spend time getting to know my fellow chaperones and all of the students prior to the trip 
  4. Think about what I need to rest well during the trip and be fully present each day
  5. Brainstorm activities for our bus rides to both help us get to know each other and deepen our understanding of the things we will be learning together
  6. Find new ways to contribute to the fundraising efforts so that we can successfully meet our goals! 

Thanks! See you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beale Street, Memphis, Tennessee