Friday, November 16, 2018

Taura on Preparation

Hi!! 

Here is my first blog post. 

Thank you!
-Taura 

Ways I think I’ll need to physically prepare for this trip:
  • Get used to exercising/walking more (after the musical that I’m in is over, I’ll need to maintain my physical shape that I got from dancing, and not let myself be unable to keep up on the trip!)
  • Make sure I pack enough warm layers!
  • Drink lots of water now to get ready to stay hydrated on the trip
  • Be on top of all of my work so I won’t have to make up too much when I get back from the trip
    • Ask for some of the work that I’m going to miss ahead of time so I can start working on them before I leave
  • Keep doing my best to participate in and think of more fundraising to raise money for the trip!


Ways I think I’ll need to mentally prepare for this trip:
  • Prepare myself for some heavy and difficult conversations when learning about what took place in each place that we visit (the overnight made me realize how a lot of our conversations are not going to be the easiest/most comfortable, but I am looking forward to continue to hear everyone’s thoughts and ideas to add to the amazing overall experience)
  • Become less attached to checking my phone all the time and live in the moment
  • Research my city! (Money)
  • Try to stop stressing out about school and what I need to do there, and remember to enjoy the trip and the journey while we are there

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beale Street, Memphis, Tennessee