Friday, November 16, 2018

Owen on Preparation


Hello All, I’m Owen, a student from Park.

Ways I think I’ll need to physically prepare for this trip:
  1. Rake leaves and help out with other fundraising etc.
  2. Apply to colleges!
  3. Make sure I’m done with all of my work for the first semester.
  4. Have a written down/accepted plan for my senior project.
  5. Prepare the appropriate gear for the trip.
  6. Do everything else I forgot about… 

Ways I think I’ll need to mentally prepare for this trip:
  1. Prepare my parents? (Not sure if that counts)
  2. Research Birmingham!
  3. Familiarize myself with the schedule.
  4. Get to know as many people going on the trip as possible. 
  5. Consider what role I have to play in the furthering of social justice. 
  6. Continue to think about what else I need to add to these lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beale Street, Memphis, Tennessee