Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Opening up

Day 3 has been the most emotional day. When we went to the museum I met a older African American lady and we started talking. We were watching how many people were lynching and looking for the names of the people. When we look at Mississippi that’s where she’s from, she told me about her grandfather. She was comfortable enough to share her story with me. She said that her mother lost both of her parents at age of 13 and that she never find out what happened to them. That her mother tried to get information about it but she never got anything. The older lady told me that she was there to find some information about her grandparents. Meeting with her was a great experience, she taught me not to give up but also to open up about my own life. 

Nayely

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beale Street, Memphis, Tennessee