Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Martyrs, heroes, and sheroes

Throughout this trip I’ve just been thinking and a lot of emotions have been flowing through me. But one thing that I have gained from this trip is my purpose. I will make a pledge to fight with all my might to change this world for the generations after me, even if I impact only one person. I want to do something with my life. Before this trip I’ve been living a life with falsifications and I have been hidden from my own self. How can I be a filmmaker in a world where children’s deaths are acceptable, where masses of innocent people are stolen from their families, where bigotry rules just to name a few. I don’t know what I will do or how I will do it. But I know I want to make a contribution to this world and changed it for the better. I am a product of these martyrs, heroes, sheroes that paved the way for me and I won’t let them down. 

Gyasi Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beale Street, Memphis, Tennessee